I accedently posted this in the blog too.

I have been evaluating labtech and so far I can't find anything wrong with it.

What are the low points or weaknesses for those of you who are actually using it?
Does it have any?
I don't want to walk from Kaseya and lose functionality but so far I can't find where I will
(with exception to KES which they should be resolving soon)

Views: 1357

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We have decided to abandon Kaseya upon reading all horror stories related to K2. However, if you ask me now whether Labtech was the right choice - I have doubts!

I still need to update the Labtech agents dropping offline thread, so that others can use it for troubleshooting.
Thanks for your honesty.. I was very new to Kaseya when K2 arrived and had a fairly easy migration to it... Hitting my 1 year anniversary so timing was interesting for my outage. If that never happened I would not have even tested LT. After seeing it... I like it... and love the price... just want to make sure I am not trading one headache for another...
Thanks again!

Lucas Kowalczyk said:
We have decided to abandon Kaseya upon reading all horror stories related to K2. However, if you ask me if Labtech was a right choice - I will have doubts answering that!

I still need to update the Labtech agents dropping offline thread, so that others can use it for troubleshooting.
Thank you for your honest comments,
I know that Lucas has had issues and it was mainly down to the agent deployment technique. This has now been resolved and we have spent a lot of time to helping Lucas with these issues, we take onboard your comments with support and have instructed the team for some time now that a phone call is the first method of contact. If we cannot contact you on first request then we send instructions within the support ticket, this is an evolving process and we continue to review and implement new procedures based on feedback from our partners.

We send surveys after every ticket is closed, we also provide direct contact information for our Professional Service Manager - Michael Johnson who is your escalation point for any issue. I would encourage you to complete the surveys when a ticket is completed, we review the comments with the whole support team on a weekly basis and reach out to any partner who is not happy with the service they have received. We also take note of the comments and implement new procedures to address specific issues raised.

We are by no means perfect but we do give our partners the necessary contact information within LabTech to let us know when we have not lived up to your expectations, our success is directly linked to your success and we will endeavor to provide a world class service even through our unprecedented growth period. We are hiring new members of staff on a daily basis to cope with growth and are over staffing departments now to continue to provide a consistent level of service.

We encourage you to keep the feedback coming whether it is good or bad, we react directly to comments and will continue to do so. If anyone would like to speak to either Myself or Michael Johnson then please feel free to call/email and we will do whatever we can to assist.

Many Thanks

John Walker
Director of Worldwide Operations
jwalker@labtechsoftware.com
(001) 813 397 4610

Michael Johnson
Professional Services Manager
mjohnson@labtechsoftware.com
(001) 813 397 4623
Hi Lucas,
Well we have finally made a decision to stay with Kaseya and I figured I would update the thread...

As it always is, timing is everything... Both Kaseya and LabTech are due to release new integrations over the next few months... My experience with the LabTech staff was great, they tried to work with us to be able to provide the same services to our clients as we can with Kaseya but at present it would have involved a few work-arounds/3rd party apps.

This wasn't an easy decision as I found LabTech to be a very solid product at a much nicer price point. I do feel that the integration of AV and Backup/Imaging was better in Kaseya. I also saw a glimpse of what is to come with new update to Audits and also had a chance to beta test the new Kaspersky integration and I like where they are going... and the changes they are making in K2. Overall, I felt that the way Kaseya "lays out" the data works better for us. I still have some reservations about Support but in the past month have found them to be more responsive (especially when calling) and even get call backs on occasion... I have been told they are focusing on providing better support going forward and so far that has been my experience. I just hope it continues….

Thanks again for your assistance during my trial of LabTech. It will be interesting to see how these products develop over the coming months…
Regards,
Rich

Lucas Kowalczyk said:
We have decided to abandon Kaseya upon reading all horror stories related to K2. However, if you ask me now whether Labtech was the right choice - I have doubts!

I have had a somewhat mixed first impression of Labtech from the sales side of things. The first guy I dealt with was great, followed up if he didn't hear from me and I was very happy with the deal he proposed. I said let's do it and all of a sudden I get an email from another guy telling me that they have had 'minor' changes to their pricing models. I am starting up from scratch, so was after the 100 seat option. I was informed that the payment terms would be 12 instead of 24 months, with the according price rise per month. After that, it was suggested I get 250 or even 500 seats. At this point, I had to double-check the email to make sure that it wasn't an email from Kaseya because the pitch sounded extremely familiar. I might as well just buy 5000 because that will be cheaper in the long run too.

I was basically intending to sign straight up with Labtech after what I have heard about them but after this, I am beginning to have second thoughts. I'm trying to get away from the Kaseya mindset and I've just been slapped in the face with it.
I'm pleased to say that we have been able to come to a resolution on this. Time to get started.
Hello Lucas.
Thank you for the feedback. The last thing we want to do is make any drastic changes to how we work with our prospects and our partners. We have received very positive feedback in regards to our pricing structure and overall sales approach to date. We did make a couple of changes in regards to the length of terms that we can offer relevant to the agent counts being purchased. However, we haven't changed the agent pricing at all. It is still about 30 to 50% less costly than many of our competitors. We still offer monthly terms with no finance charges. We still do not have any upfront costs. We offer agent packs as low as 50 to start and as low as 10 for add-on purchases. We truly do NOT want to over subscribe you. We have structured our price book to support this. For example, if you currently need 200 it might make sense to purchase the 250 pack to take advantage of the price break but only if you see value in have some extra agents to deploy to your prospects and/or because you see a near term need for more agents to support forecasted growth. The reality is there are only subtle price changes between the agent pack tiers and as such you might be better suited in only buying the 200 until you need more. We want to grow with you and would prefer you didn’t have a large volume of idle agents that you are needlessly paying for.

The feedback is greatly appreciated - we truly want to provide a best in class level of service both in presales and post-sales.

Thank you.

Adam
VP of Sales
LabTech
For us it's been far and away the best product we've used. Only low points so far:

- File browser only lets you view files, download them, and create folders - maybe I'm missing something but I'd have to use other parts of labtech or a 3rd party product to quickly scoot a file around behind the scenes.

- ESET management is very very slow from a remote location and does not handle multiple customers perfectly. I've created groups and can filter on them or you can sort by domain name so it works but it's not great. Labtech is supposedly working on some built in management.

- Have had some problems pushing AV out - not many - and it's by far better than other products I've used - and support is working on it.

- VNC works great . . . but it's still VNC

- Have not found a good way to manage network devices yet but I hear that's coming.

The high points far and away blow these issues out of the water and I highly recommend the product.
Hi Alan,

How has your experience with LT been so far? Unfortunately, I too am having mixed feelings as the sales process has made me uncomfortable. Without going to detail, it's very similar to what you've dealt with. I'd hate to sign and be ignored - already feel that with my current provider. It may have to do with being based in Hong Kong.

Regards,
Tommy

Alan Uhe said:
I have had a somewhat mixed first impression of Labtech from the sales side of things. The first guy I dealt with was great, followed up if he didn't hear from me and I was very happy with the deal he proposed. I said let's do it and all of a sudden I get an email from another guy telling me that they have had 'minor' changes to their pricing models. I am starting up from scratch, so was after the 100 seat option. I was informed that the payment terms would be 12 instead of 24 months, with the according price rise per month. After that, it was suggested I get 250 or even 500 seats. At this point, I had to double-check the email to make sure that it wasn't an email from Kaseya because the pitch sounded extremely familiar. I might as well just buy 5000 because that will be cheaper in the long run too.

I was basically intending to sign straight up with Labtech after what I have heard about them but after this, I am beginning to have second thoughts. I'm trying to get away from the Kaseya mindset and I've just been slapped in the face with it.
Hi Tommy,

I haven't really put LT through its paces yet or had any support issues, so I can't really give you a definitive answer. Once I've really got under the hood, I'll definitely let you know how I'm finding it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Ben Johnson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service