I am new at this so here it goes

we have installed a labtech server and we have google mail service, for the past two days i have been trying to get a ticket out from the labtech sever, i think my problem is how I have the setting on dashboard - config - mail setup

any help is welcome

Regards,

Saviz

Views: 586

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've been complaining to LabTech for over a year about this. The short story: they don't support Google Apps for email. It's finally on the roadmap, but who knows when they'll get it completed. Like I said, it's been over a year.

Meanwhile, you really have 2 solutions:

• Use an outside SMTP server for sending mail from LabTech. I've set this up with my web host, as it was already a feature of my web hosting account anyhow. Make sure if you've got an SPF record in your DNS to update it to include your web host's server, that way the email from LabTech won't look like spam to Google when it comes in.
  • Use STunnel to do the actual connecting to Google Apps. This way, your labtech server sends email to itself (127.0.0.1) and the STunnel software connects it to the Google SMTP server. I've tried this route and found that it crashed frequently, so I'm not a fan of this method, but it may be something specific to my setup that was causing the crashes. YMMV.

Good luck! 

Could you not just use SMTP built into IIS to relay directly off of your labtech server?

Good point, Ben. Yes, you could utilize the SMTP service on Windows Server. This would falls under the category of "use an outside SMTP server", something separate from Google Apps.

I just also remembered that it is necessary to install STunnel in order to make LabTech receive mail from Google Apps. I've been doing this for a long time now, and the receive side seems to work reliably.

Here's a copy of my stunnel.conf

-------------

client = yes
debug = debug
[pop3s]
accept = 127.0.0.1:110
connect = pop.gmail.com:995
[smtps]
accept = 127.0.0.1:25
connect = smtp.gmail.com:465

-------------

Great answers guys i appreciate you taking the time to answer,

if I can I would like to ask another question, when I go to the IIS the SMTP services are in red with an X is that they way they are suppose to be or do I need to change something here?

Best Regards,

Sounds like you've not got SMTP services configured properly on your server. See http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa998368(EXCHG.65).aspx

Also, don't forget that if your domain contains an SPF record in your DNS, you'll need to adjust it to allow this server to be considered a legitimate source of mail for your domain. Otherwise, pretty much everything you send will be tagged as spam by the recipient's mail server. See http://www.openspf.net/

the reason it wasnt working was this:

1) Right click on Default SMTP Virtual Server and select properties
2) Select the access tab
3) Click the Relay button
4) Click the Add button
5) Type in your ip address

if it helps anyone,

Regards,

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Ben Johnson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service