If anyone is having issues with removing AVG v 8, 8.5 or 9 so that they can move to ESET by way of Labtech I can help. Send me an email at keving at unifiedsysmgt.com and I will send you a script and info on what you need to do to set it up to remove all 3 versions.

I know this has been an issue for many of us for weeks but I finally have a working solution to this huge problem. I will have of my AV installs converted before the weekend now.

Views: 1429

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This would be awesome, thanks so much! Sending you an email...
I have one big issue with Labtech and ESET right now. My Rep (I won't mention any names because he has been very good to this point) told me initially that they would license Eset on an as needed basis. My initial inquiry was to purchase 1,000 plus licenses at the 12.00 cost per license and then license them when needed. I was told this was not possible because they didnt work like K and the clock starts ticking on the day you purchase. He then went on to say they would license only the amount needed at the time. Per our phone conversation I went ahead and sold to a company with 6 computers. Now when I went to order I'm told I need to purchase 25 seats minimum and let the other licenses sit if i want to buy through labtech. This is not only unacceptable it really was frustrating. I would really like someone from Labtech to give us a definitive on what we should expect with the eset integration. Don't get me wrong, I really do like the Labtech software and it has a lot of promise but this is a very serious issue that needs to be addressed. We have way too many clients under 25 users that purchasing and letting the clock tick on unused licenses would not work for us. I'm sure we are not the only client out there with this issue.
Well Patrick, I was told the same thing upfront and am very close to needing additional licenses. My plan is to add 50 or 100 at a time so I am not contacting LT 3 or 4 times per moneth to add more licenses and we will just eat the time that they sit but I was also certainly told up front that they could be added 1 at a time as the need arose. Perhaps I will try and order 10 QTY in the next week or so and see what response I get. My initial convo's about the replensishment cycle were not just with the sales folks so I am truly surprised by your post and will certainly see what they tell me. I guess they could have changed some process that now requires a minimum purchase but that certainly does cause issues if you are concerned about days on the license.

Patrick said:
I have one big issue with Labtech and ESET right now. My Rep (I won't mention any names because he has been very good to this point) told me initially that they would license Eset on an as needed basis. My initial inquiry was to purchase 1,000 plus licenses at the 12.00 cost per license and then license them when needed. I was told this was not possible because they didnt work like K and the clock starts ticking on the day you purchase. He then went on to say they would license only the amount needed at the time. Per our phone conversation I went ahead and sold to a company with 6 computers. Now when I went to order I'm told I need to purchase 25 seats minimum and let the other licenses sit if i want to buy through labtech. This is not only unacceptable it really was frustrating. I would really like someone from Labtech to give us a definitive on what we should expect with the eset integration. Don't get me wrong, I really do like the Labtech software and it has a lot of promise but this is a very serious issue that needs to be addressed. We have way too many clients under 25 users that purchasing and letting the clock tick on unused licenses would not work for us. I'm sure we are not the only client out there with this issue.
I just signed with Labtech this week with the understanding that we will take a hit on unused licenses (the clock starts ticking at the time of purchase). All things considered:

1. It's not that much money we're losing
2. Have you guys done the research on Security as a Service (aka Cloud Antivirus)? F-Secure, Sophos, Panda, Message Labs... they really aren't much better. All these company's have solid products but very crappy ordering systems. Why would a company invest so much in a product yet make it so hard to purchase from them? F-Secure was hilarious - we have to fax in a purchase order. People!! This is cutting edge software! And we need to order it with decades old technology. WAKE UP!
Anyone having performance issues with Eset? Had almost 1000 Agents on Kaseya and AVG and have migrated over. Have roughly 10% of those 1000 agents that are ridiculously slow with Eset. It uses all teh memory and takes 5 mintues to open a web page. Curious if anyone has had similar issues and figured out a fix?
We spent a lot of time streamlining NOD32. We went over every single line/function in the configuration XML and disabled a large chunk of stuff. Can you believe that network drive scanning is enabled by default? Scary stuff. We did come across this article in our research, maybe it will help you out:
http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2132

John H. Johns said:
Anyone having performance issues with Eset? Had almost 1000 Agents on Kaseya and AVG and have migrated over. Have roughly 10% of those 1000 agents that are ridiculously slow with Eset. It uses all teh memory and takes 5 mintues to open a web page. Curious if anyone has had similar issues and figured out a fix?
Paul, would love to have a copy of the XML file that you have for your ESET config. Maybe you can post here, or send me an email? justin at mjbest dot com

Paul Kamberis said:
We spent a lot of time streamlining NOD32. We went over every single line/function in the configuration XML and disabled a large chunk of stuff. Can you believe that network drive scanning is enabled by default? Scary stuff. We did come across this article in our research, maybe it will help you out:
http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2132

John H. Johns said:
I currently use Vipre via their SaaS model. I am very happy with it, and to spite not having integration with LT, I am not switching over any time soon. Vipre is hands down one of the cleanest, fastest, and most thorough security products I've ever worked with.

I'll take a look at ESET when the integration is sorted out, but for now, I'm not changing a thing. I have 2 words for this discussion: Vipre works! (And they bill us monthly, based on EXACTLY the number of licenses we use).

I know at one point, the Sunbelt Software (now GFI) guys were talking to Matt and his crew about integrating Vipre into LT. I kind of hope that day comes and I never have to switch to ESET. Nothing against ESET, but I am happy with my current product.

Anyone having issues with slowness after removing an old AV and installing ESET should take a very close look at what is left behind during your uninstall process. I'd suggest running your uninstall on a couple of machines by hand using Revo and comparing that to what your process pulls out. Slowness is usually caused by a failed uninstall, or remnants left behind from your old AV. I had the issue when going to Vipre that AVG didn't uninstall off of about 3-4% of the machines using our script. I had to manually remove AVG from those computers.

Hope that helps.
Hey Alex,
You will be happy to know that Labtech is currently working on developing Vipre Integration. We have the business arrangement with Sunbelt Software worked out and in place and are currently reselling Vipre on a SaaS model.

Short term expect to see some scripts showing up on the WIKI. Long term we will have GUI integration coming in the next few releases.

-Drew

Alex Farling said:
I currently use Vipre via their SaaS model. I am very happy with it, and to spite not having integration with LT, I am not switching over any time soon. Vipre is hands down one of the cleanest, fastest, and most thorough security products I've ever worked with.

I'll take a look at ESET when the integration is sorted out, but for now, I'm not changing a thing. I have 2 words for this discussion: Vipre works! (And they bill us monthly, based on EXACTLY the number of licenses we use).

I know at one point, the Sunbelt Software (now GFI) guys were talking to Matt and his crew about integrating Vipre into LT. I kind of hope that day comes and I never have to switch to ESET. Nothing against ESET, but I am happy with my current product.

Anyone having issues with slowness after removing an old AV and installing ESET should take a very close look at what is left behind during your uninstall process. I'd suggest running your uninstall on a couple of machines by hand using Revo and comparing that to what your process pulls out. Slowness is usually caused by a failed uninstall, or remnants left behind from your old AV. I had the issue when going to Vipre that AVG didn't uninstall off of about 3-4% of the machines using our script. I had to manually remove AVG from those computers.

Hope that helps.
That is really encouraging to hear that Labtech is looking at Vipre integration. Having moved from Kaseya, I have a mixed bag of clients using both AVG and NOD32, but having recently trialled Vipre I am considering moving all of them over. It would be even better if Labtech is integrated with it. :)
*contacting my sales guy now for details*
I'm very interested to see how this unfolds!

Drew McCallum said:
Hey Alex,
You will be happy to know that Labtech is currently working on developing Vipre Integration. We have the business arrangement with Sunbelt Software worked out and in place and are currently reselling Vipre on a SaaS model.

Short term expect to see some scripts showing up on the WIKI. Long term we will have GUI integration coming in the next few releases.

-Drew

Alex Farling said:

Hope that helps.

Kevin now works for Labtech, does anyone have this AVG removal script?  If so could I please get a copy of it.  Thanks in advance.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Ben Johnson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service