Hi

Just wondered if anyone here is still using this product and getting support from the Vendor?  We purchased the product last week and have a problem installing it and we've not been able to get hold of them despite many e-mails and messages.  I heard about the product in this forum so wondered if others are having similar problems?

James

Views: 1735

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wanted to buy the product but I had a question.

Left a message last week and still waiting for a call back.

Tony 

James, I use App-Care and love it. I see the last announcement of definition updates was on March 7th.

Vernon Southmayd (the creator of App-Care) is a member of this board, so I'm surprised he hasn't chimed in with what the status is of App-Care. Vernon, any chance you can give us an update on the future direction of App-Care?

Unfortunately we still cannot install the product due to an error and we've not had a response to our emails and voicemails for over two weeks now.   We still want to use the product so I'd love to hear from Vernon Southmayd.

Just an FYI we've just shared with the community our Ninite Pro scripts which in essence does the same thing just through a different vendor:

http://itsluy.posterous.com/patching-made-easy-using-ninite-pro-w-l...

The biggest selling point for us to use Ninite over App-care is the number of apps it will keep up to date though App-Care does seem to be better integrated with LT.

Also mind you LT just released a new version on Monday - I imagine the App-care developer is probably swamped because of it.

Got your feedback - the link posted? I was able to click through.  Holla if you still have trouble.

Vernon works for LabTech full time now. I'm not sure of the future of his product, but I'm guessing we will see it rolled into LabTech soon (I know this doesn't help now).

James Stratton said:

Unfortunately we still cannot install the product due to an error and we've not had a response to our emails and voicemails for over two weeks now.   We still want to use the product so I'd love to hear from Vernon Southmayd.

Vernon is an employee of LabTech as of a number of months ago.  He has been working with Kevin Gibson to create LabTech Ignite (the out of box experience of LabTech that is built by the best in the MSP industry).  App-Care is still an operating entity and is separate from LabTech.  I just sent him a message about this thread, so he can chime in about what is going on.  

-Matt

Thanks for the replies.  Appcare have now been in-touch apologised and resolved our issues so we're very happy to now have a functioning product.  Looking forward to seeing Ignite when we upgrade to 2012 next week!  Thanks

Is AppCare still under development or should we look into LabTech/Ninite solution for updating 3rd party software like Chrome, Firefox and so forth? Myabe Vernon can/will comment on this.

I just purchased it in the last week. I also had problems with the install and Vernon responded to my support request after about 1 day... got it up and running shortly thereafter.

After spending a couple of days playing with Ninite, and the different LabTech scripts offered - I prefer App-Care for our needs. Although Ninite will patch a lot more applications, app-care is plug and play and updates the apps that matter most for us.

we created and shared a working(!) ninite script if anyone's interested it was published on the ninite labtech page http://ninite.com/help/enterprise/labtech.html

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Ben Johnson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service